Best Running Shoes for Bad Knees
Running is one of those exercises or sport which is not specific to professionals, and anyone with the slightest interest in this field can go for running. However, running can give you sore muscles or knee pain or even blisters on your feet if you don’t go for proper clothing. As we all know that running does not require specific kind of clothing or outfits, it still requires better shoes. If your shoes are best in terms of support and cushioning, you will feel that the running is not hectic neither it makes your feet hurt. There are a few things which should be kept in mind before buying a pair of the best running shoes for bad knees.
The first thing to keep in mind is the type of feet you have. There are three types of feet which need different types of shoes.
The feet with high arches have a really narrow band between heel and forefoot. These are not pronate and do not absorb the shock much. These types of feet need shoes with extra cushioning and support.
These types of feet have average arch sizes and have wider band connecting heel and forefoot. These types of feet can have many types of shoes and have a larger number of options, but it is better to get shoes with stability.
Flat feet have very small arches and are overpronated and need specific shoes to avoid injuries and problems.
Types of Shoes
There are a number of shoes available in the market, but the basic structure of all the shoes is divided into three types. You can look for yourself and find the best one according to your need.
These are best for the people with high arches and show supination. These shoes also have midsole cushioning and have better shock absorption.
These types of shoes are best for runners with flat or low arches. The flat outsoles provide maximum support and cushioning to the flat feet and deal with excessive rotation of the feet to stabilize the feet.
- Stability Shoes
These are best for people with the stability of the feet and have medium or average arches. These shoes have proper midsole cushioning and medial support.
Other types of Shoes
The other types of shoes except the ones mentioned above are as follows.
- Traditional Running Shoes
These are amazing for indoor surfaces, and you can also use these to run on pavement and packed trails. These are lightweight and have flexible outsoles.
- Trail-Running Shoes
These are made for off-road terrain and give you stable gait on the rough surfaces. These shoes are fortified with dense rubber outsoles.
How the shoe fits?
In order to get the best fitting shoes, you need to look at the fitting of a different part of your feet. You can start with the heels.
- The heel fitting should be snug but not too tight, and even if it is laced up, you should be able to slide the feet out. The heel movement while wearing the shoes shouldn’t be uncomfortable. This should be checked while you are purchasing the shoes because if you are not comfortable while buying it then you won’t be comfortable while wearing it.
- The instep of your feet should be snug and feel secure and it must not be pressured and tight. If your feet feel pressurized, it is good to consider your lacing techniques before finding new shoes.
- You should be able to move your feet from side-to-side while wearing your shoes without crossing over the edge of the insole. It is also recommended that you should be able to pinch the shoes with the wider part of toe.
- The general rule of thumb used to assess the length fitting of shoes is to see that there is thumbs’ width of space between your longest toe and the end of your shoe. The toe should always wiggle freely in the shoes.
- The shoes always give you a good feel when you put these on and if you are feeling any discomfort or problem then you should consider buying a different pair instead of compromising on the safety of your feet.
Best Running Shoes for Bad Knees Reviewed
If you are still confused about the best shoes to buy for your running even after reading all the pre-requisites of buying the running shoes, then we have solved the problem for you. You can choose the best shoes from the list given below.
New Balance 890v5
The New Balance running shoes have great shoes when it comes to finding the best shoes for running. You can forget about your painful knees when if you are running with these shoes. New Balance 890v5 has following features.
- These shoes are extremely comfortable and are best for people who suffer from knee pain.
- The shoes have REVlite midsole which provides extra cushioning and ultimate comfort to the runner.
- The shoes also provide amazing support for the shoes.
- The upper is made of breathable mesh and gives sufficient airflow, so the feet are not sweaty while running.
- The shoes are not as effective to run in the colder weather.
- These shoes provide excellent grip because of the rubber compound which gives good performance in any surface.
- The durability is higher also because of the rubber compound.
- These are traditional running shoes are not made for off-road running.
- The toe box fits narrow, and the shoes need a little time to break in.
- Durability is reported to be low by some of the customers.
- These shoes have an amazing fit and extraordinary breathability which means no sweating of feet in hot weather.
- Cushioning with the latest midsole is amazing, and your feet feel supported.
- these are Great for traditional running.
- These shoes have narrow toe box.
- Not made for off the roadrunning.
- Durability is not much higher.
Asics Gel Kayano 24
These shoes are amazing and made specifically for running and give your feet stability and grip. People with knee problem can buy these without giving it a second thought.
Asics Gel Kayano 24 running shoes have following features.
- These have the best support for your feet and give your feet a lot of stability. These are the best shoes for people with overpronation or people who have knee problems.
- The gel cushioning which is a signature feature of Asics which is an excellent shock absorber of the impact on the terrain.
- The upper is Fluid fit and seamless which mean the chances of irritation are lower down because of the stitches of the shoes inside.
- The lacing gives a secure fit, as well as the heel, are kept secured inside the shoes.
- The grip and traction of these shoes are amazing, and you will feel that the control is greater when it comes to stopping whenever you want.
- You will feel the same while running on the flat ground or transitioning on the hill.
- The shoes need breaking in, but the overall fit is greater.
- The durability is good, but these are not meant to last for ages.
- Breathability is good in these shoes.
- The traction is desirable.
- These are amazing for people with knee issues or overpronation.
- Gel cushioning provides amazing support for knee issues and shock absorption.
- The toe box is a little tight.
Puma Faas 600 V3
Puma is one of the favorite brands of many sports lovers when it comes to sportswear. The Fass 600 are amazing shoes for running, and even you are having a problem while running. It is the best solution for the pain you face while running at a quite reasonable price.
Puma Faas 600 V3’s features are given below.
- These shoes are lightweight as well as have the springy responsiveness, and that’s why these shoes allow you to run faster and perform better.
- These are highly supportive and comfortable which means you are free from the worry of getting your ankle twist while running because of the support offered by these shoes.
- The shoes use Air Mesh on the upper side which means the airflow is exceptional and you won’t have sweaty feet even if you are running for miles and miles. However, you can’t use these for colder weather.
- The grip on these shoes is greater for road and indoor surfaces, but you can’t take these to off road
- The traction is great, but it is a bit helped by the addition of the Ever-Track+ compound provided on the outsole.
- The shoe fit is one of the best qualities of Puma Faas 600 V3 because it has a sock-like fit and has an impressive fitting with the lacing system.
- The durability is reported to be low.
- Puma Fass’s breathability is extraordinary.
- The shoe fit is exceptional.
- Lacing system gives these shoes more secure fit and running.
- Price is reasonable.
- The outsole is reported to be worn out soon.
New Balance 1080v7
The New Balance 1080v7 is one of the most amazing shoes on this list. You will find out that these are great for running as well as the problem associated with it like a pain in knees or feet or even in an ankle.
New Balance 1080v7 has following features.
- The shoes are built with one piece Fresh Foam midsole by New Balance which is great to provide support to the feet so your feet can have maximum support while running.
- The upper of these shoes provide a sock-like fit which means you don’t have to worry about these shoes slipping out while running and give you more confident running.
- The upper mesh provides decent breathability, and the airflow is sufficient to keep your feet cool in extreme hot weathers.
- These are traditional running shoes which mean these are made of road running and not for off the roadrunning, and you have to stick to hard surfaces while wearing these shoes.
- The size fitting is great, and the shoes stay true to its size, and the sock-like fit is great for confident running.
- Durability is higher, and these are the reliable shoes if you want to keep it for longer periods of time.
- Breathability is good.
- Fresh foam midsole provides cushioning and support.
- These shoes have a sock-like fit and good durability.
Saucony Hurricane 16
These shoes are amazing for pronation of feet and give amazing protection and steadiness. The stability is greater in these shoes. Take a look at the pros, cons, and features of these shoes.
- These shoes provide maximum protection to your feet, and you can run for longer miles without feeling any pain or problem.
- These provide added cushioning and support to your feet, and these are perfect for the lowest risk of injury.
- The breathability is higher even with the synthetic and porous mix of mesh. This material does not only provide breathability but also drying ability so you can use it in any weather.
- The shoe fitting is marvelous, and you have to find that the arch support also provides interior cushioning and gives you extra comfort.
- The sauc-fit technology gives maximum comfort.
- Stability is higher.
- Impressive ground contact
- Some customers reported these to be narrow.
- These shoes are a little heavier for fast runners.
The above-mentioned list of shoes has everything you need to know about the best running shoes for bad knees. You should always try the shoes on and walk in them for a few minutes to check if they fulfill the purpose of your purchase or not. Now you can find the one which is best suitable for your need, choose those and have a great and pain-free running.