Injuries are not only specific to sports lovers. Anyone of us can get himself injured in any circumstances. Feet and legs are especially sensitive when it comes to injury; remember hitting your pinkie toe with the corner of almost every piece of furniture you own. If you have injured yourself and wanted to know what you can do about it, then you must read this article till the end. There are a number of conditions of bones and feet which require our special attention, and you can reduce the severity by choosing right outfit or pair of best shoes for achilles tendinitis. Achilles tendinitis is one of those conditions. Before knowing about the precautions and the right kind of shoes to wear in Achilles tendinitis, you need to know what exactly Achilles tendinitis is.
Best Shoes for Achilles Tendinitis – What is it Exactly ?
- Best Shoes for Achilles Tendinitis – What is it Exactly ?
- 4 Best Shoes for Achilles Tendinitis Reviewed
- How to Choose Shoes for Achilles Tendinitis?
What is Achilles tendinitis?
If a professional runner tries to intensify its routine or increase the duration, he might also suffer from Achilles tendinitis. Most of the time it can be treated by home care, and with a few suggestions of your doctor, you will be good to go. However, you need to be extra careful in the future because of the chances of relapse in Achilles tendinitis.
Achilles tendon is the band of tissues which connects the calf muscles at the back of the lower leg to the heel bone. It is mostly associated with runners and sportsmen, but anyone who suddenly tries to run faster than their routine or increase the duration of running can suffer from this problem. It is known to be common in the people of middle age and especially the ones who play sports like tennis or basketball only once a week.
How would you know if you have Achilles tendinitis?
If you feel pain in the back of your leg or just above the heel of your foot after running or any other sports activity then you might be suffering from this problem. It is also associated with the severity or longer duration of running or sprinting.
Others symptoms include stiffness above the heel or in the back of leg especially in the morning and getting better after starting usual activities of the day. If you are facing this issue regularly, you are highly recommended to visit your doctor. In serious cases, it can lead to surgery and prolonged uses of medications.
Achilles tendinitis is mostly associated with intensive activity and repetitive use of Achilles tendon. As you age your Achilles tendons grow weaker and as a result, you are more vulnerable to injury especially people who only involve in sports occasionally or even weekends. However, there are a number of factors which are associated with the increased risk of Achilles tendinitis.
· It is more common in males than females.
· It is common in elderly people.
· People with naturally flat feet are more susceptible to Achilles tendinitis.
· Obesity is also one of the risk factors for Achilles tendinitis.
· A few antibiotics are also known to increase the chances of Achilles tendinitis.
It is not possible to complete any of the disease or injuries, but it is possible to be careful and reduce the chances of occurrence of any injury. You can take following steps to reduce the chances of Achilles tendinitis.
· Always start (any type of) exercise with lower intensity workout regimen and increase the intensity of physical activity gradually.
· Don’t involve in the activities which put pressure on the Achilles Tendons and if you want to such exercise with a little warm up session.
· Stretching is the easiest way to lower the chances of Achilles tendinitis, and it increases the flexibility of tendons.
· Strengthen your calf muscle which will strengthen your tendons consequently.
· Your shoes are one of the main factors to affect your Achilles tendinitis. Right kind of shoes provides your feet adequate cushioning so that your heel could be protected and support your arch. You should get appropriate shoes to help you with Achilles tendinitis.
4 Best Shoes for Achilles Tendinitis Reviewed
You have understood the importance of specific shoes for Achilles tendinitis, and you know the characteristics of shoes for Achilles tendinitis. To help you in finding the best pair of shoes for Achilles tendinitis we have devised a list of best shoes. You can look at these shoes and make an informed decision about the best one according to your requirements.
Clarks Portland 2 Tie Casual Shoes
Portland 2 Tie Causal shoes are made by Clarks and are probably one of the best shoes for Achilles tendinitis.
These are made of leather materials, and a rubber sole and these are best for casual occasions and general outfits. The design is favorite popular amongst most of the youngsters because of unique yet rugged look. Durability and unique design are one of the most endearing features of these shoes. You can use these for walking, hiking because of the soles are designed to walk on multiple types of surfaces. The upper layer is synthetic, and these have meshed which means additional breathability. Your feet will remain cool even during long walks. The breathability also lowers sweating of feet which make your feet less smelly and avoid chances for the growth of fungus. These are highly comfortable, and you will feel a considerable reduction in pain associated with Achilles tendinitis. However, these are not designed for physical activity or longer mileage running.
- These are best for walking and casual wearing.
- You can use it to go to work.
- These shoes provide good traction.
- Achilles tendinitis’ pain is helped with these shoes.
- Breathability is higher.
- Not recommended for runners and for rigorous physical activities or workouts.
Adidas NEO Cloudfoam VS City W Casual Sneakers
These casual sneakers are one of the sensible choices because of the following features.
These NEO sneakers from Adidas are made of synthetic materials, and even the sole is made of same material. Breathability is higher because of the air mesh lining which helps your feet stay cool during physical activity. Cloudfoam technology is used with a sock liner and midsole which means it will adjust according to the shape of your feet. It is not only stylish but extremely comfy you can wear it and then forget worrying about your Achilles tendinitis. These are low top sneakers so these can be the first priority for people who like low top sneakers.
· These sneakers have form-fitting midsole which is great because you don’t have to worry about flat feet.
· These run true to size, so you don’t need to worry about returning these.
· Breathable mesh linings are awesome for keeping your feet cool.
· These are highly recommended because of the comfortableness of these shoes.
· Low top makes these even stylish.
· You can remove the insoles, but those are glued that’s why not recommended to remove them.
· You can’t wear these during raining because these are not waterproof.
Asics Gel-Nimbus Running Shoes
Even with the proper shoes, if you rub your toe against the playing surface, you are going to feel pain. Asics Gel-Resolution 6 Tennis shoes have a toe bumper which helps you protect your toe.
As the name recommends, Gel-Resolution 6 Tennis shoes are made by Asics are highly shock absorbent because of the gel pads. The signature toe technology of Asics is used in the midsole, so you can get shock resistant running or jumping using these sneakers. The toe bumpers used in these shoes are amazing for the protection of your toe. These are low cut shoes and best for the people who want to stay in style even while working out. Bright and vibrant colors are also for your cool looks as well as relaxation and motivation. The outsoles are durable because of the material used in it. These are also good because of the pivot point, and the upper layer will remain stable.
· The protective toe bumper is one of its kind additions.
· Shock absorbent technology used in these shoes is amazing and the most positive addition.
· Gel technology also helps cushion and support your feet.
· The material used in these shoes is durable, and you can use these shoes for years without worrying about ripping these out.
· Long distance runners might not find these very useful.
· These are specifically designed for tennis players
Asics Running Shoes
Beginner level runners are highly recommended to try these shoes because of the ultra comfort and fit that these shoes offer. Take a read of the amazing features and pros of these shoes.
These shoes provide great cushioning and are an amazing fit for your feet. According to experts, these shoes reduce the chances of Achilles tendinitis and are amazing for running. These are also recommended if you already have Achilles tendinitis and reduce the pain. Runners who do not have to run for longer duration and distance can consider these as the best options. These are made of textile and synthetic material, so you don’t have to worry about problems associated with Achilles tendinitis. These shoes have rubbers soles which give you smooth running experience.
· These are perfect shoes for short mileage running.
· Form fitting means you don’t have to worry about its fitting according to your feet.
· You will find these in more than one width sized depending on the fact that how wide your foot is.
· The rubber sole makes these even more comfortable.
· These shoes run true to size, and you don’t have to worry about returning them.
· Not recommended for longer mileage running.
How to Choose Shoes for Achilles Tendinitis?
There are a few qualities which you should always look for while buying shoes if you have Achilles tendinitis.
According to the shoes which have a built-up heel in them can help you to reduce tension in your Achilles tendon if you are walking or running or doing any other form of physical activity.
Cushioning and Support
You should always choose the shoes which provide adequate cushioning to your feet and support the heels.
Shoes with Gel Pads
There are shoes which have gel pads inserted in them which are excellent shock absorbent and comfort your feet even during the exercise or rigorous physical activity.
Heel height of shoes is important because low height causes strain on the tendon and aggravates the Achilles tendinitis. High heel height prevents the Achilles tendon from stretching and eases the pain.
Better Arch Support
If the shoes match the arch of the feet, it will prevent the Achilles tendinitis and even relieve the pain if you are already suffering from the condition.
Always try to find the shoes with breathable shoes which will keep your feet and perspiration will be minimum. These kinds of shoes are best for workouts.
Rubber sole shoes with padded tongue keep your feet comfortable and help you stay relaxed during physical activity if you are suffering from Achilles tendinitis.
All of these features are available in the shoes under the tag of Shoes for Achilles tendinitis, and it is recommended to wear these whenever you get the chance.
Achilles tendinitis can be reduced to a minimum if you are wearing proper shoes or even if your shoes support and cushion your heels. Even doctors recommend a combination of only a few home care strategies and proper shoes to cure early stages of Achilles tendinitis. This is why it is important to choose the right shoe. The right pair of shoes will help you in daily activities along with relieving the pain of Achilles tendinitis. The list as mentioned above has some of the best shoes available to relieve you from the pain associated with Achilles tendinitis. However, every pair of shoes has its own pros and cons; you can study these all well and then decide for yourself about the best shoes according to your requirement. Find the best possible shoes for you and walk freely and you will forget about the pain due to Achilles tendinitis.