We have put together a guide to find the best shoes for hallux rigidus & limitus, so take a deep breath and keep reading. Each and every one of us wants to make their lifestyle better which is why we are always looking for ways to make it better. Technological advancements every now and then come with the aim of making people’s lives better and giving them more comfort. Keeping aside all other reasons and comforts in life, health is and should be the number one priority. By health, we do not only refer to medicines but also the daily health in terms of how we walk, eat, sleep and breathe.
Our body is the vessel which makes it possible for us to achieve all other goals. This is because with our body we are able to move around, walk, jog and keep control of all that we do. Despite the perfect diet and daily exercise, we still can develop certain conditions which will limit us from the activities which we want to do. Among these factors, hallux rigidus is sure to make a place.
Best Shoes for Hallux Rigidus & Hallux Limitus
- Best Shoes for Hallux Rigidus & Hallux Limitus
- Shoes for Hallux Rigidus and Hallux Limitus Reviews
- How will Hallux Rigidus Shoes help?
Hallux Rigidus is a disorder which causes pain and stiffness in the big toe. In the initial phases, this disorder will cause difficulty in bending the toe and as the time progresses; there comes a state when you no longer can move your toe because it freezes. This then strains the rest of the joints too because they are all linked to the big toe.
To find out if you are having this problem or going to develop it in some time, you should look for the following symptoms.
– If you feel difficulty moving your feet and a paining sensation when you try to move the big toe
– Swelling near the MTP joint
If you don’t treat this condition urgently, then the chances are that it will get worse to cause rheumatoid arthritis. Therefore, it is important to get it treated instantly when you start noticing the symptoms. The solution to this isn’t anything expensive or demanding, all you have to do is buy a pair of shoes and prevent your shoes from facing this problem. With that, you will be able to continue with your normal walk, jog and running routines. These specially designed shoes have a large toe box that helps to reduce the pressure applied to the big toe. They have more flat soles which give your legs a comfortable position.
Shoes for Hallux Rigidus and Hallux Limitus Reviews
By now, you may be wondering how to get your hands on one of these shoes. If so, no need to worry because we have it all covered for you in this article. We have picked the top brands and their best shoes for hallux rigidus to help you with this issue.
1. Hoka One One Clifton 2 Women’s Running Shoe
Wearing HOKA one Clifton shoes is the best choice you can make if you are having this problem or going to develop it over some time. These shoes are specifically for you are a regular runner, whether that is for your morning jogging routine or if your job calls for it. To make sure that you are able to run with stability, choose these shoes offering great balance.
- It has a full length compression and high impact polystyrene material which allows you to move your foot properly.
- What more is the shock reduction which comes from the Meta-Rocker midsole inside. This helps to alleviate the movement of the big toe and reduce any soreness that you have.
- Also, not only does it help with the big toe but if you tend to have foot cramps, then this will help to minimize that as well.
- The ultra-light Max cushioning is perfect for outsole as well as midsole protection.
- The padding and heel counter further improve movement by keeping the foot stable in its place even if you are running for miles.
- All in all, the pair of shoes are a great pick for you if you want to cure this problem of yours and even if you don’t have it, having these shoes will ensure that you never face it in the coming years.
Now after having tested these shoes, there was one small flaw which might sound like a deal breaker for few. The shoes are lightweight, more than they should be and therefore the durability isn’t as good for how it should actually be. So, when you buy this, despite the numerous advantages, you will have to buy another pair in a short time.
2. Dansko Women’s Tenley Dress Pump
Pump shoes are a common choice for women because they are comfortable and can be worn with almost anything. This Dansko Tenley Pump is specifically designed for people suffering from severe hallux Rigidus. It has exceptional arch support, and perfect toe placements so do give it a try if you are suffering from this problem.
Most of the hallux patients have a hard time finding a good pair of shoes because the majority of the brands don’t provide what they claim for. With Dansko Tenley, you will not face this issue even once. Their shoes provide a tight fit with just the appropriate heel size to make your daily walk comfortable.
- It has a polyurethane sole on the outside which is a great material, and with the soft cushioning, comfort is guaranteed.
- You don’t have to worry about standing for long hours or even walking continuously because, with these shoes, all of that will be made super easy and bearable.
- All types of terrains, whether rough or extra smooth are supported with these pump shoes. One of the most prominent qualities of these shoes is its wide toe box.
- The wide toe box gives enough space for the big toe and reduces the chances of soreness which enables you to walk for long hours without tiring yourself.
The only downside to these shoes is that the footbed is a little softer and therefore might not give you the rock-solid padding that you may be looking for. Despite this, an added plus point in these shoes is the outlook of it which is just as stylish as any other stylish pump shoe so that you don’t have to compromise on your style.
3. Sketchers For Work Men’s Shape Ups Exeter Work Shoe
The sketchers Shape Ups Exeter shoes are perfect choice to get rid of back, knee and ankle joint pain. Hallux Rigidus patients encounter many problems in their daily routine and have a hard time managing work as well as personal health. They sometimes have to compromise on health because they can’t take care of their feet while being at work, and work we all know is important. By buying these shoes, they will be able to hit two birds with just one stone. They will not just be getting comfort but also a great pair of shoes to wear to work as well as casual hangouts.
- The durable full grain leather has great quality and is safe to place your foot properly and ensure its stability.
- If you pair it with synthetic overlays, then it will not be wrong to say that you will be able to get rid of most of your pain after some time’s usage.
- When there is a lot of toe movement and flexing, it usually leads to discomfort and these shoe help in restricting that.
- The padded collar, rocker bottom, and shock absorbing midsole help to do what is needed to relieve the pain.
- The shoe will help to keep your feet warm and support the overall posture as well. When your feet are comfortable, you will automatically move freely, and the whole body posture will improve.
The only downside to these shoes is that they may not be okay for every day use and might wear out soon if you use them daily. But, if you set aside these for traveling and occasional purposes or just use it for your daily morning jog, then they will last for a long time.
4. MBT Men’s Sport3 Walking Shoe – Best Therapeutic Shoes for Hallux Rigidus
MBT stands for Masai Barefoot technology and for a brand that has such a targeted name, you can surely trust whatever they have to offer their customers. This brand specifically targets athletes and people who want comfortable shoes for their demanding routines daily.
- MBT sport3 shoe is an excellent choice for hallux Rigidus patients as well as ideal for normal day to day hectic routines. For instance, professional people who have to keep on their feet all day long must buy this one pair of super comfortable shoes. If you are a tour guide or a sports instructor, these shoes will surely give you the comfort that you always look for throughout your day.
- Its rolling motion design is safe to relieve pressure on the big toe, and this is exactly where the entire problem roots from.
- Shoes which are hard on your big toe become the main reason behind you developing this issue, and MBT shoes offer relief from this very problem.
- It even works perfectly for underfoot comfort. It has a durable shank and sensor which helps to ease pressure on all the joints including the back. It doesn’t matter if you are walking for miles or standing for too long, these shoes will work just right for you.
The only issue that you might face with these is the soft soles that can make it difficult to take wear the shoes for a whole day.
5. Altra Women’s Intuition 3.5 Running Shoe – Great for Toe Support and Alignment
If you are looking for more cushioning in your shoes, then this is the one that you should go for.
- Altra Intuition offers more toe support and rigidity to the users which make it ideal for hallux Rigidus patients.
- This shoe has just the perfect shape, tight fit, and an excellent toe box design.
- In addition to the comfort provided, these shoes fight against abrasion, slippage, and shocks as well.
- When you wear these shoes, it doesn’t matter which terrain you are walking on because it will perform equally fine on every terrain. Women these days have just as demanding jobs as men which is why they require the same shoes and Altra have done it with perfection.
- Also, these shoes have a design which can work both for work and even casual days out from home; the stylish design doesn’t make it a bad choice for even going out so that you don’t have to compromise on your comfort any time of the day.
There is but one issue which might make it a little difficult for you to buy the shoes. There is some sort of inconsistency in the sizes which might not work that perfectly for you, but if you do find your size, then these are the shoes you should be buying.
How will Hallux Rigidus Shoes help?
The sooner you start wearing the right kind of shoes, the better it will be for your feet and overall health of joints. As soon as you see the symptoms of hallux rigidus, be sure to buy yourself one of these shoes because prolonging the problem will only make it worse. All hallux Rigidus provide the following beneficial features;
– They have a roomy toe box to give your toes ample space and comfort
– The lightweight upper materials reduce pressure
– Steel shank to make sure that all the insides are well balanced and stable as well
– Orthotic padded insert for better support
These best shoes for hallux rigidus and limitus offer the appropriate support which does not add to the soreness and only makes it better. In addition, all these shoes can be worn at your normal workday or home, so it is a win-win situation. Make your purchase today and give your feet relief from pains.